DIRECTIONS FOR OIL PULLING
A very effective, simple method to detoxify, safely bind and clear toxins is an ancient method called “oil pulling.” This process can help with most toxins, as most are fat soluble (lipophilic) and can be pulled into the fat and out of the body through the process of chewing oil. This process is especially recommended for those working with petroleum solvents and chemicals, like auto mechanics and truck drivers, gas drillers, painters, metal smiths, welders, hair dressers and nail specialists. However, this is beneficial for all of us, especially during allergy season, to clear the mucous from sinus and throat.
"According to Ayurvedic medicine,” Deepak Chopra says, “mucous is a poison that must be removed. The oil pulls all mucous, bacteria and toxins from your body through your saliva." We are also stimulating every part of the body, as all the meridians pass through the mouth, and all the teeth have associations with various organs, glands and tissues. Perhaps more important and why it is so effective for cleansing is that the entire blood supply passes through the mouth every 15 minutes. (Google Dr. Karach for more information on Pulling Oil.)
This is such a simple, easy and inexpensive treatment that can eliminate many conditions of illness.
How To Swish:
- On an empty stomach, take One Tablespoon of high quality expeller pressed oil (may be olive, sunflower, or sesame oil, but coconut oil has been shown to be the most effective).
- This is ideally done in the morning, on an empty stomach. Although it can be done when convenient or more than once. For some of us 2 teaspoons may be all we can hold. My preference is to take 1 Tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil which is solid at room temperature. I immediately swallow one teaspoon for it’s other health benefits, and chew and swish the other two teaspoon, being careful not to swallow once I begin to swish. With experience you will find what works best for you.
- Chew without effort or speed, pulling through the teeth, moving the jaw, for 15 minutes. If you’re short on time that morning 5 or 10 minutes is better than none.
- The saliva will come into the mouth and the oil will foam.
- After a while the oil will thin and become white and chewing will be easier. This is a great way to release stress in the jaw.
- Go about your morning routine. This is a good time to do some simple exercises or a tapping routine.
- After 15 minutes, spit out the oil. Be sure not to swallow.
- After spitting out the oil, be sure to cleanse thoroughly. Rinse the mouth several times, then brush teeth and tongue once with toothpaste, and follow with baking soda. Clean out the sink also, with hot water and baking soda. This is important as the liquid has many harmful bacteria and toxic materials, even mercury from amalgam fillings.
- This is also a great treatment to whiten the teeth and strengthen enamel.